My parents named me Laurel, after the mountain laurel flower, but I've always gone by Laurie. I feel like I've spent my whole life trying to be what other people would find acceptable, and it hasn't been until recent years that I've thought more about how GOD would like me to be. He wants my heart to be seeking after HIM and not the approval of man. So, this is where I will be working out my thoughts, removing the masks (even my nickname!), being real, and making a FREAK of myself! ha ha Any other Jesus Freaks or just freaks in general or even non-freaky people are welcome to read, discuss, encourage, or be encouraged. Welcome to my brain . . . and my heart. :)

Friday, February 28, 2014

Fun Fridays: What's in my Purse?

I've decided this blog can use some light-heartedness once in awhile, so whenever I post on a Friday, it will be something random or fun or stupid or humorous or a combination of any of the above.  There's a "tag" I've seen the YouTube beauty gurus do (if you don't know what I'm talking about, see my post from last Friday) called the "What's in my Purse?" tag, where they. . . well, show what's in their purse!  I have no idea how much they stage those, but I assure you, I did not take stuff out of my purse or know what exactly would be in there, other than the stuff I use all the time.  LM helped me with it.  I used an old camera, and the color is a bit off, but everything else is genuine. lol  So, let's see what's in Laurel's purse . . . 







Now I tag whoever wants to do this! :)

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Ha ha! This is really cute Laurie! : )

Love the mask...that is funny...

I watched half the video so far, and I can't make a video of my own...buuuuut I can tell you that at present. I have (this is unusual) I normally just use one market bag. But this past weekend I had two outfits/activities that required, (1)A black evening bag. (2)my cute little ice-aqua bag that Becs gave me for my b-day that matched my striped cardigan this morning. So. This morning on the way to church I had (4) bags with me. Yes, count them. (4) FOUR bags. One is a tote with my Bible and umbrella etc. A gal has to be prepared don't ya know? ; )

I just didn't get a chance to change back to one purse! LOL

I carry, i.d., whipstick, cover-up, powder, liner, blush (my face). Small comb, tracts, throat lozengers, vitamins etc.

I'll have to finish watching your video soon, this is cute Laurie, I think it's nice to do fun things like this! : )

love, missie amelia (the baglet lady) yep...it's been one of those weeks... ; )

Amelia said...

..oh a mini pack of kleenex and stuff like that too...

Laurie said...

Hi Amelia! I LOVE that you had four bags!! :D lol Yes, we girls have to be prepared for anything!

I'm glad you enjoyed this. It was one of those things where I didn't know if anyone would care to watch it or if they did, if they would enjoy it, but LM and I had fun making it, so we just went for it. lol He's such a ham. ;)