My parents named me Laurel, after the mountain laurel flower, but I've always gone by Laurie. I feel like I've spent my whole life trying to be what other people would find acceptable, and it hasn't been until recent years that I've thought more about how GOD would like me to be. He wants my heart to be seeking after HIM and not the approval of man. So, this is where I will be working out my thoughts, removing the masks (even my nickname!), being real, and making a FREAK of myself! ha ha Any other Jesus Freaks or just freaks in general or even non-freaky people are welcome to read, discuss, encourage, or be encouraged. Welcome to my brain . . . and my heart. :)

Friday, February 21, 2014

Beauty, YouTube, and Laurel (It's a bit embarrassing, but totally true) . . .

So, I don't spend all my time thinking deeply or doing things that matter.  I DO waste time sometimes, too!  Here's a perfect example.

Friday nights are often "Guys' Night" around here, where Kevin and LM spend time together doing guy stuff or watching a movie together or something.  Whatever they end up doing, it always includes food, laughter, and conversation.  I'm all for it.  They have a solid relationship, and that doesn't happen without time spent together.  (The good Lord knows LM spends plenty of time with ME during the week! lol)

If I have nothing worthwhile to do on those Friday nights, wanna know what I sometimes to do to try to balance out the hormone level in this house (even the dog's a male!)?

True Confessions:  You might find me on a Friday night . . . well, ummm. . . . okay . . . watching beauty gurus on YouTube!

Yes, it's true.  Try not to judge. ;)

I know, I know.  It's sooo shallow (not the ladies themselves, but the subject matter), but the truth is that I love makeup and all that girly stuff!  I don't have tons of time to devote to all that stuff, and I will never look like those young beauties, no matter how much makeup I might pile on, but they are FUN to watch!!

I'm laughing at myself right now.  I really am.  I'm too old to find pretty much anything on YouTube entertaining (other than 80s music videos), but I DO love to watch the beauty channels.

Maybe you would, too, if you had tiny eyelashes like mine and needed to know the best mascara to use. ;)

So, if you're a girlie-girl who has some free time sometime, and want to see what's going on in the beauty world, here are some of my favorites:

   
GlamLifeGuru (Tati) 

Nikki Phillipi (She is Donna Reed's great-niece! :))
BreeLovesBeauty (Cambria)

Don't worry. If you don't have time for such frivolity, you're ok without it. lol :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, love it! I can't wear make up anymore. :( I love it, but my skin doesn't tolerate it. At least it saves me time getting ready to go somewhere, right? That's the bright side. Good for you....we all need to do something shallow now and then, just for fun. :)

Laurie said...

Good point, Jana--it does save time to go makeup-less! lol